Need help correcting a test

closed account (i8bjz8AR)
Hi everyone, so I had my second computer science exam last week in university and I got it back today, and didn't do that well, although the class average was only a 70%. However I need and want to get it corrected so I can learn what I did wrong and because these questions will probably be on the final exam. One part consisted of multiple choice along with short answer, and the other part I had to write four short programs. This sounds ridiculous, but I've gone to my professors office hours before, very smart lady but she's foreign, very hard to understand and is not helpful at all. I've also gone to my ta's office hours and they are hard to understand. Would anybody be willing or able to help me out in getting these answers correct in the coming week(s)? The class is based only on c++ (computer science 1), so I guess I just need someone who is familiar with this language. Would anybody be willing or able to help me out if I scanned the test and uploaded them here? Thanks!
closed account (48T7M4Gy)
By all means go ahead and submit the stuff here.

I'll make a couple of suggestions how to go about it.

1. Be clear in your own mind that this is not a homework site so your attempts at answering the questions are vital to the help you will happily receive.

2. You don't have to sweat for weeks but I think it is reasonable to demonstrate that you have had a go. Say why it's not clear.

3. Make sure the test has come and gone so you are not spoiling it for others in your class. ( That also avoids a re-test if the university gets upset. )

4. Probably the best idea is to just use this thread rather than spreading it over too many. Not for my benefit, just so everybody knows the background and to avoid duplicated effort.

It's now your turn ... cheers :)
Hi guys, so here is the multiple choice part.. I'm not sure if anyone is going to see this thread since it's been a couple of days. A 0 means I missed the question and a 2 means I got it correct but they graded sloppy so it might be misleading, I guess the answers will be more obvious to those with more c++ experience, haha. Thanks to anyone who is willing to help me get this test corrected! Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pg8NGDHSHXX7BvwsvDSR-al807_pNYq3ZWoCAYqlL_E/edit?usp=sharing
Then here is the programming part. I believe I got the last question over file encryption correct right, as they gave me all the points but don't know if that was just out of generosity since this is hand written code(c++) for tests.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q2xcJWnH5IowtDUXmpU-b6D2vON_zoMYKnHs6HUbiZo/edit?usp=sharing
OK, we'll have a look. Good to see you are not too time critical. :)
Last edited on
I have had a look at short answer questions 1 - 10 and I reckon the correct answers are B,C,A,B,A,A,B,C,D,C

It looks like you were marked correctly, at least for those. Maybe someone will come along and say I've made a blooper so wait for a while. I'll have a look at the rest shortly but I can't do it straight away. :)
Last edited on
haha no rush here, just want to learn from my mistakes! okay thanks so much!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.