Changing a library source file

I am using the MRPT library and i have an issue with a sourcefile called CClientTCPSocket_common.cpp

when I edit the part that is not working it is not implemented in the software. when I debug it steps over the code. I do not understand how to implement these changes please help! I think this is more of a general wuetion than related to this library in specific.
That could be because of compiler optimization. Try setting the optimization flag to zero: -o0 and see if that fixes it.

Are you sure that the code is building back into the library?
First of all thanks for the reply,
the optimization is was already disabled so unfortunately that's not the problem. I think however that the changes are not build back into the library as you mentioned. But when I go to the directory where the sourcefiles are i see the content is changed. but the compiler jumps over the changes when debugging.
When you say that the optimization is disabled, how do you mean? How are you linking your application?
i have to use Cmake which I've never used before so perhaps that's why i don't understand what goes wrong. for optimization MS VS project porperties -> configuration -> c/c++ -> optimization= Disabled(/Od)
You are correct about MS VS, I know it well! ;) What can you tell me about how you are linking the MRPT library?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.