What are these strange amazing Makefile.am Makefile.in?

What are these strange amazing Makefile.am Makefile.in?

I downloaded a project that contains. How strange, many Makefile.am and Makefile.in it?
I have compilers CodeBlocks computer and Dev-C ++ compiler too.
The system, whose name WindoWs XP.

What could I do? What compiler settings? What, perhaps, additional programs?

I have always enjoyed the environment, never any Makefile.

;;;;;;;;;;????????????
So what do I do? How to make a compilation of what I means?

Ancient plant СМаке in introducing computer.
I have long been well СМаке , but I do not know how to drive it. I did not remember what put, but I have never, not once, did not use them.

I am now put additionally Cygwin terminal, however, I do not know how it.

I still do not know how to compile.

How do I use here Projects that contains control files Makefile.am end Makefile.in ???
Last edited on
Compiler generates object files based on source files and linker combines the objects into an executable.

When you have many files, it is more efficient to automate the task. The make utility follows instructions stored in Makefile to call compiler and linker as necessary.

When you have many platforms to compile in, the same Makefile does not work any more. Each platform can have different compilers and libraries. Again, there is a way to create generic instructions that are used to generate an appropriate Makefile.

There are more that one such generators. The cmake is one. GNU build system (aka The Autotools) is an another. (Qt framework has its own, etc.)

See https://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Autotools-Introduction.html
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.