Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64

Hello,

I have a linking problem. Would you please help me understand what is going wrong here?

I checked all the member function definitions and prototypes and their arguments, and could not figure out why I have this problem.

Thanks,
mmgh

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"MyProgram::class1<double>::run()", referenced from:
MyProgram::class2::Run(__sFILE*, __sFILE*, int, int, double, int, bool, double const*, int, char const*, char const*, double, bool) in tool.cpp.o
"MyProgram::class1<double>::setParam(std::__1::vector<double, std::__1::allocator<double> >)", referenced from:
MyProgram::class2::Run(__sFILE*, __sFILE*, int, int, double, int, bool, double const*, int, char const*, char const*, double, bool) in tool.cpp.o
"MyProgram::class1<double>::class1(std::__1::function<double (double*)>, std::__1::vector<double, std::__1::allocator<double> >, std::__1::vector<double, std::__1::allocator<double> >, std::__1::vector<double, std::__1::allocator<double> >)", referenced from:
"MyProgram::class1<double>::getBestParam() const", referenced from:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make[2]: *** [bin/MyProgram] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/programs/MyProgram/CMakeFiles/MyProgram.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

"MyProgram::class1<double>::run()", referenced from:

This says that MyProgram::class2::Run() calls MyProgram::class1<double>:run(), but MyProgram::class1<double>::run() does not exist. Go find where MyProgram::class1<double>::run() is supposed to be defined and figure out why it isn't.

The other errors are similar.
Thanks for your reply.

The problem is that I wrote the function prototypes for the two classes in one header file and all the definitions are in one .cpp file. The functions exit and are defined. I don't know why the compiler dose not see them :(

Best,
mmgh
Are they defined in tool.cpp? That's where the error is occurring. If they are then please post the definitions.
They are written as a separate module and the corresponding header file is included in tool.cpp.

module.h
module.cpp
tool.cpp

class 1 is written in module.h and module.cpp, and class 2 is defined in too.cpp.

The Run function in class 2 is something like this:

Run()
{
class1 object;
obejct.run();
object.setParam();
object.getBestParam();
}

run, setParam, and getBestParam are the functions of class 1 which are written in module.h and module.cpp. module.h is included in tool.cpp.

The template functions should be in the header file, not the cpp file.
Oh! that was the point. thank you so much. It is compiled now. :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.