Where should I start to learn C++

Hello,

I am a 13-year old who wants to learn how to code C++. I have absolutely no experience with coding. I want to buy a book that teaches me how to code C++. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

P.S If anyone one responds, it would be nice to hear how you learnt to code C++.
Hi!

Here's a website I found you might find it useful: https://solarianprogrammer.com/2012/01/02/top-five-cpp-books-for-beginners/

I'm a n00b and just started learning c++ in college.
Which book do you use? Is the Programming: Principles and Practice using C++ a good one to start off with?
I highly recommend Starting out with C. That's what I started.
Ok do I need to know any programming experience for the book. I have absolutely no experience. Like nothing.

P.S: Can you leave a link to the book. There are so many editions and it is really confusing.
Ok so are you saying that the Programming P&P Practice is a good book to start off with?
It is a very good book to start with, provided you are willing to put in the sustained effort that the book demands.

Preface:
This book is for someone who has never programmed before but is willing to work hard to learn. ... My aim is for you to gain sufficient knowledge and experience to perform simple useful programming tasks using the best up-to-date techniques. How long will that take? ... If you work by yourself, don’t expect to spend less time than that (maybe 15 hours a week for 14 weeks).
This is not the easiest book on beginning programming; it is not meant to be. I just aim for it to be the easiest book from which you can learn the basics of real-world programming.
Programming is learned by writing programs. ... Nor can you learn to program without reading and writing lots of code. ... you need to do the exercises and get used to the tools for writing, compiling, and running programs. You need to make your own mistakes and learn to correct them. There is no substitute for writing code.
Thank You JLBorges. I am going to buy this book. Wish me luck!
Wish you the very best.

When you need assistance, post your questions here; someone would be there to help you.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.