Assistance With ENC/DEC in Memory from text file please..

I am wondering if someone can assist me with my request.
I would like to allow a couple of people to work from home at times and login to our system with a special client. should anyone get their hands on the text config file they dont know the real login details.

I have a client program that uses a text/config file that stores login details on single line per database it connects to - can have multiple lines.

at the moment program gets details from the .txt file and sends to server and connects.

what i would like is the details in the local txt file to show say

with other details on each line eg..
A: db1.mdb ipaddress/no-ip 443 accounting enc-paswordhere 77445521 blah blah blah
S: db2.mbd ipaddress/no-ip 444 sales enc-passwordhere 33229932 blah blah blah

BUT the real user/pass on server is accounting/showmemoney68 & sales/heresthecash

I'm after a way for the client to read password from the file into memory then decrypt with a set salt or xor value and only available while client is running.

I am not much of a coder and have been spending hours trying to work out a way. most things i read with examples allows for whole file encrypt/decrypt and needs user input. I basically would like the client user to think that is his user/pass but have different one at the server side.

I need the REAL password sent to the server for authentication.

If anyone has any spare time and could write a little code for me to test,
 I am happy to read and implement from sample code and trial and error,
 but to be honest I am greener than a golf course green in winter time when
 it comes to coding. the guy who wrote our existing client unfortunately is no
 longer with us. he parted on bad terms and this is why I need help.

Thank you in advance.

WestAU
Last edited on
Apologies for requesting assistance in this way. I have read the rules and a few other posts on here and I believe it is wrong to ask someone to do the work for you. I will plod along and try and work my way through this.

Regards.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.