how to include data in c++? (borland)

i'm an *ardent* borland fclt user.. and i've never figured out how to use resource files - there is some dissuasion towards attempting to.. apparently the last release of fclt changed the way the resource linker worked so the documentation leads to frustration for fclt users who tried to figure it out. so i read.

this is largely alright as i tend not to make resource-dependent apps. usually, i convert the data to text, and write a header file storing the data as an array. of course, this is a bit silly, because eg. for numeric information, each value is now taking several bytes of storage, so it's only feasible for smaller data objects.

i know there are some other alternatives to fclt that aren't vc++ ....i *really* like my 5 meg compiler install... i'm not interested in ever giving up fclt...

...is there some way i can "include" data in the .exe compile, in a byte for byte form otherwise? or am i just missing the entire point of resource files and should give in and hope i can somehow figure out how it's supposed to be done..?

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.