Installing SMFL graphics library

I am a beginner with C++, but I have a lot of experience with programming languages. I have made plenty of text based RPG's and I made one with C++ as well, however I was hoping to move on to more graphics. I downloaded a 2D graphics library called SMFL (http://www.sfml-dev.org/learn.php). However, being new to Visual Studio 2015, I don't know how to implement the library. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited on
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
Instructions for installing SFML and using with Visual Studio:
http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.3/start-vc.php
I tried setting it up with that tutorial, and I got the error:

LNK1104 cannot open file 'sfml-graphics.lib sfml-system.lib sfml-window.lib'

When I tried using only ONE of those libraries, it said:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK1120 32 unresolved externals ConsoleApplication1 C:\Users\sylva\Desktop\Coding\VS Community 2015\Projects\ConsoleApplication1\Debug\ConsoleApplication1.exe 1
Error LNK2028 unresolved token (0A0005D1) "public: virtual __thiscall sf::Shape::~Shape(void)" (??1Shape@sf@@$$FUAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall sf::CircleShape::~CircleShape(void)" (??1CircleShape@sf@@$$FUAE@XZ) ConsoleApplication1 C:\Users\sylva\Desktop\Coding\VS Community

And a BUNCH more random errors that I did not understand.
LNK1104 cannot open file 'sfml-graphics.lib sfml-system.lib sfml-window.lib'

This looks like it cannot open a file named sfml-graphics.lib sfml-system.lib sfml-window.lib. You might want to check that you are correctly supplying the individual names to the linker and not the names aggregated into one string.

If you're entering files directly into the "Additional Dependencies" under Linker -> Input the file names should be separated by semi-colons. If you're using the dialog presented by using the drop-down menu "Edit" option, each name should be on a line by itself.
Last edited on
I thought about it when it said it couldn't find the file and I thought exactly, that, so I already tried separating them with commas, but not with semi-colons. When I separated them with commas, I got the same error, but instead it said:

LNK1104 cannot open file 'sfml-graphics.lib, sfml-system.lib, sfml-window.lib'

EDIT:

I just tried what you said, separating them with semi-colons instead of commas, yet then I got that super long list of random errors that I had previously mentioned.
Last edited on
Make sure you are including all the needed libraries; if you look at the errors you should be able to see some class names or anything that will help you figure out what library is not being linked.
Okay I will check. Just checking, how do I seperate them when listing them?

Like this?

library_1;
library_2;
library_3;

or...

library_1
library_2
library_3

How do I list them?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.