What is compile command for g++ to link to festival

Hello

I want to use Festival TTS with my C++ programme.

I installed festival in my ubuntu 14.04

**In order to use Festival you must include `festival/src/include/festival.h' which in turn will include the necessary other include files in `festival/src/include' and `speech_tools/include' you should ensure these are included in the include path for you your program. Also you will need to link your program with `festival/src/lib/libFestival.a', `speech_tools/lib/libestools.a', `speech_tools/lib/libestbase.a' and `speech_tools/lib/libeststring.a' as well as any other optional libraries such as net audio. "**

but the problem is that i am bad GCC and I don't know which files i have to include in order to run C++ code and i also don't know how to link libraries with my c++ code.

So what g++ command should I use to compile this file ?
#include "festival.h"                                           
#include <iostream>                                                                                           
int main(int argc, char **argv){                                                                              
    EST_Wave wave;                                                                                            
    int heap_size = 210000;  // default scheme heap size                                                      
    int load_init_files = 1; // we want the festival init files loaded                                        

festival_initialize(load_init_files,heap_size);                                                           

// Say simple file                                                                                        
    festival_say_file("/etc/motd");                                                                           

festival_eval_command("(voice_ked_diphone)");                                                             
    // Say some text;                                                                                         
    festival_say_text("hello world");                                                                         

// Convert to a waveform                                                                                  
    festival_text_to_wave("hello world",wave);                                                                
    wave.save("/tmp/wave.wav","riff");                                                                        

// festival_say_file puts the system in async mode so we better                                           
    // wait for the spooler to reach the last waveform before exiting                                         
    // This isn't necessary if only festival_say_text is being used (and                                      
    // your own wave playing stuff)                                                                           
    festival_wait_for_spooler();                                                                              

return 0;                                                                                                 
}                                                                                                             

Last edited on
You will need to find festival.h on your hard drive, and use a -I option to tell g++ where the folder that holds festival.h is. The .a files that are mentioned can be located with -L option to tell g++ where the lib folders are that hold the .a files. You also need -l(lowercase L) option to specify what .a files you are including.

http://stackoverflow.com/a/6141166/2607949
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.