Command Line Arguments

Hi all,

I am using Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 and I would like to be able to pass command line arguments. However, most of examples that I have seen are very specific, such as, when giving a command line argument to Visual Studio in the properties dialog box, I have to give the exact name of something that it should be expecting. What I would like to be able to do is use the command line arguments and be able to type in anything, say a file name, and have the system either open and process the file or say that it couldn't open the file.

This is very different from the Unix operating system, where as in Unix, I can type whatever and it is either successful or not.

Thanks in advance.
Find the executable, usually in the project folder under Debug if you're building in Debug or Release if you're building in Release. Just pass command line arguments like you do in Unix, though you don't need the "./" in front of the executable to execute it.

eg
> cd C:/Users/Name/Documents/"Visual Studio 2015"/Projects/Engine/Debug/
C:\Users\Name\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\Engine\Debug> Engine.exe "Some command line argument" argument2 3 5 "Some other argument"
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.