real time C++

Hello all, first of all, I really thank the owners of this weblog who made solving our problem more efficiently.
Now to my question:

I have a arduino Mega 2560 and a kinect. for my application I need to put math on both of the outputs (kinect depth map and arduino serial Tx,Rx pins 0 and 1)
So I need to program real time not to upload it on arduino, more percisely I want to ask

Can I use C++ for real time sending and receiving from actual pins on arduino?!

I have googled webpages but they all work with serial communication and needs to first upload something on arduino board using its own IDE, but I dont want that I want to send command directly from C++ real time.
Can anybody helps?
You will somehow need to program your microprocessor to do the tasks you desire. How do you plan on writing the program?

But yes once you write the program, "install" it on the microprocessor, you can have your program write directly to the io ports of your microprocessor.

The hard part will be writing the program since it appears you have little concept of programming.

thanks so much jib.

"How do you plan on writing the program? "

I have mentioned that I want to do it with C++, all I am asking is how to program my micro with C++

" "install" it on the microprocessor "

I am asking how should I install "it" on my micro by C++

"The hard part will be writing the program since it appears you have little concept of programming."
:D that is of course true, I know only some basics.
Last edited on
I have mentioned that I want to do it with C++, all I am asking is how to program my micro with C+

Normally you will write and compile the program on your PC using a compiler that targets your microprocessor.

I am asking how should I install "it" on my micro by C++

After you have written and compiled the program on your PC you will download the program to your microprocessor. How the complete program is downloaded depends on how the manufacturer of the microprocessor has designed the processor.

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.