c++ IDE with included compiler , c++11 or higher support

closed account (N8RzwA7f)
Hello,
I was struggling to update my netbeans compiler to support c++11 so uninstalled it.
I'm hoping there is some user friendly IDE which includes the compiler, and c++11 or higher support ,as well as non-standard libraries support. Without having to download/install multiple files or plugins. All in one go . does this exist ?

thanks.
Depends on OS. For Windows I use Code::Blocks. For Linux, I usually just use GCC, Geany and command line compilation, but Code::Blocks works on there too. There are OS specific IDEs, but personally I prefer C::B.
Last edited on
If you are on Windows, I would recommend Visual Studio Express. It is not as simple as Code::Blocks, but it is best IDE there is. If you are looking for simplicity, Then Code::Blocks is what you are after. On Linux, just use G++ and a text editor.
as well as non-standard libraries support. Without having to download/install multiple files or plugins. All in one go .
What do you mean by this? If you want to use a non-standard library you will have to installed it.
Last edited on
orangepeel367 wrote:
On Linux, just use G++ and a text editor.

Why? Linux users can use an IDE just the same as any other OS. I sometimes use KDevelop, which has support for over 60 languages / scripts - provided one has a compiler / interpreter for the language being used.
TheIdeasMan: Sorry, I should of suggested an IDE. The reason I (this applies to me and very few other people) suggested a simple text editor and a compiler is that using a simple text editor forces you to remember the language and knowing how to manually compile your projects from the terminal will be a benefit.
When I'm doing tests with just C++ I use Geany and commmand/terminal. The only time I launch an IDE is when I'm making a project or game with multiple libraries as not many people know how to write their own makefiles to build each iteration and it is tedious to punch in 10+ libraries to compile your code every time.

I have played with many IDEs over the years RHIDE, Dev-C++ (all 3 iterations), MSVC, Anjuta, KDEvelop, Code::Blocks, Netbeans, and CodeLite. In the end C::B and command/terminal are my preferred methods.

I even have MSVC 2013 and 2015, but not used them outside of booting them up for registration.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.