fatal error c1083 can't open stdio.h

HI all,
I am an old programmer (61) working for a long time with C++ but new to Visual Studio. It's my first question here and English is not my natural language !!!

I have herited of a very big 'solution' having about 20 projects in it. It was built with VS2005 by someone else and I am using VS2010.

I tried to set a 'good' path to 'include path' but I get this error : C1083 can't open stdio.h. If I write #include "c:\program......\stdio.h" it works.

What could I have done wrong ?
stdio.h exists, is in a directory belonging to the include paths, is not read only

Solution is in disk D: and VS2010 in disk C:

I tried all what I could and now I'am praying !!!
Please tell me if I am not in the right forum ...

TIA
Jean
Try :
#include <cstdio>
May be I found the problem : As I come from Linux, I like building 'configuration files'. I built Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.user.props by copying it from another solution. Because I Thought it was XML, I wrote each directory on a single line with a CRLF at the end. All the directories appeared in the property 'include path' but with a blank line between each of them.

I removed CRLF (so it's difficult to see the list of directories !) but VS2010 seems to work better. I have now 'true' errors into my included files (no more C1083).

I'll try cstdio to see if there is a difference ..

Jean
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.