Functions: Authoring assistant

In having trouble making this program. Here are the instructions and this is what i have so far.

(1) Prompt the user to enter a string of their choosing. Store the text in a string. Output the string.

(2) Implement a PrintMenu() function, which passes the user entered string as a parameter, outputs a menu of user options for analyzing/editing the string, and returns the user's entered menu option. Each option is represented by a single character.

If an invalid character is entered, continue to prompt for a valid choice. Hint: Implement Quit before implementing other options. Call PrintMenu() in the main() function. Continue to call PrintMenu() until the user enters q to Quit.

(3) Implement the GetNumOfNonWSCharacters() function. GetNumOfNonWSCharacters() has a constant string as a parameter and returns the number of characters in the string, excluding all whitespace. Call GetNumOfNonWSCharacters() in the PrintMenu() function.

(4) Implement the GetNumOfWords() function. GetNumOfWords() has a constant string as a parameter and returns the number of words in the string. Hint: Words end when a space is reached except for the last word in a sentence. Call GetNumOfWords() in the PrintMenu() function.

(5) Implement the FindText() function, which has two strings as parameters. The first parameter is the user provided sample text, and the second parameter is the text to be found in the user provided sample text. The function returns the number of instances a word or phrase is found in the string. In the PrintMenu() function, prompt the user for a word or phrase to be found and then call FindText() in the PrintMenu() function. Before the prompt, call cin.ignore() to allow the user to input a new string.

(6) Implement the ReplaceExclamation() function. ReplaceExclamation() has a string parameter and updates the string by replacing each '!' character in the string with a '.' character. ReplaceExclamation() DOES NOT output the string. Call ReplaceExclamation() in the PrintMenu() function, and then output the edited string.

(7) Implement the ShortenSpace() function. ShortenSpace() has a string parameter and updates the string by replacing all sequences of 2 or more spaces with a single space. ShortenSpace() DOES NOT output the string. Call ShortenSpace() in the PrintMenu() function, and then output the edited string.

#include <iostream>
#include <string>
using namespace std;

string PrintMenu(string userString) {

return menuOptions;
}

int main() {
string userString;

cout << "Enter a sample text: "<< endl;
getline(cin, userString);
cout <<"You entered: " << userString << endl;

return 0;
}
You do not show us much efforts, just enough for an iostream and the function main.

You need help with all the tasks correct?
Yea i dont want you to just code it but help walk me through what i need to do.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.