Displaying Text in a Text Adventure game

I'm making a very wordy text adventure game but the text keeps getting cut off. I tried using endl but even that gets cut off frequently. Is there anything I can do to automatically format the way my text is displayed so I don't have to worry about getting cut off?
Hi,

What exactly do you mean by cut off?. Also, what IDE and OS are you using to make your text-adventure-RPG?
I'm using the standard console output. I'm programming for windows. When I say cut off I mean when a scentence reaches the end of a line, it will go to the next line but will often do it mid-word.
which IDE?

I suppose standard console have 80 character limit per line, so make a program to just go to new line for new words, or (depending) on IDE I think that you can change the settings
when a scentence reaches the end of a line, it will go to the next line but will often do it mid-word.

I don't think there's any way to fix this automatically. You need to either insert the line-breaks yourself (add a newline character '\n'), or write a function to process the text and insert the newline characters for you (more challenging to do that).
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.