DOOM like graphics

I was wondering how do I go out and about with programming a "3D" world, like DOOM in preferably SFML
What do you want to learn?

Making a world itself is challenging and takes a lot of talent and time to do. I would advise you get into modelling and the "art" side with a smaller project, draw a single object, texture it, animate the texture, ... build up your skills from a smaller starting point.

However there are pre-created worlds out there that you can drop in a program and then drive/fly a camera around them. Setting up that code is pretty fast, and there are examples of this. At the end of the day its possible to drop a single "this is the world" 3-d object into your 3-d universe, drop a camera on it, and you are effectively done already. That is a starting point, then you can start to animate things or apply physics or whatever to it. Preventing the camera from going into the objects is a good thing to learn here. Stitching objects together without visible 'seams' is another useful skill to pick up here.

It's not pure 3D. Its just 2D objects to make its seem like its 3D. Do you know what "classic DOOM" is?
And yes I do have expirience texturing and modeling, and stuff.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.