saving to dekstop

Windows 10
CodeBlocks

How do I save my program to my desktop, so I can open it by just clicking on it rather than going through Codeblocks?

My guess is that's it's a bit complicated (but hopefully not).

Thanks.
Let's start at the beginning -

1. You open Code::Blocks.

2. You click on "Create a New Project."

3. You choose "Console Application."

4. You choose C++.

5. You choose a name for your project. Let's say you name it BlowUpWorld.

6. The line right beneath the one where you chose a name for your project asks you to choose a folder in which to create the project. Let's say you choose c:\CodeBlocks Projects\

7. Your project will now be found at c:\CodeBlocks Projects\BlowUpWorld

8. Click Next.

9. Check the box for "Create 'Release' Configuration." I *think* the default location is in \bin\release. Let's assume it is, okay?

10. You write your code. You hit F9 - Build and Run. You're satisfied that your code is flawless and works perfectly. Good for you!

11. The executable (let's assume it's named blowupworld.exe) will be found at c:\CodeBlocks Projects\BlowUpWorld\bin\release\blowupworld.exe

12. Feel free to copy or move this executable file to your desktop, if you so desire. Clicking on it will do... whatever it is the program's supposed to do.
Thank you for this. I tried this with my existing projects and found the .exe file in bin\debug. (Somehow there was no bin\release.) It was much simpler than I thought it would be.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.