Starting Bioinformatics

Hello everyone. I have recently just taken interest in a career in computer science more specifically I want to get into Bioinformatics. I really find the idea of working in this field exciting but I feel as if I have no direction, no guide to show me what I should do to prepare myself. This semester I took my first programming class, C++, and it was pretty awesome. I wasn't the best but I did okay and got the gist of it. I had never heard of Bioinformatics until a few months ago, and Biology was my second choice of major besides CS so naturally I got pretty excited about it. What I would like to know is where can I go to find out more about Bioinformatics? What programming language should I learn? (I heard python is used a lot). What are some good books? Also are there any little Bioinformatics programs I can make and mess around with using a c++ compiler? Sorry for rambling guys I'm just thirsty for some knowledge from experienced programmers who do this everyday. Thank you for reading and any replies and constructive criticism are welcomed. Cheers.
I would recommend artificial intelligence.

http://www.iflscience.com/technology/google-ai-creating-own-ai/
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.