non-existing cpp file in an open source project

I downloaded a c++ project and a "config.h" is included at the top of it, it also runs without any problems but I can't find neither the config.cpp nor the config.h among the files, why? It's an open source project by the way, so I think I should be able to find those. (Most of the functions in this project use other functions to do their jobs, those which I think should probably be defined in the config.cpp, that's why I need to find and take a look at it.)
(-:
Last edited on
I downloaded a c++ project

Which project?

Is config.h generated by autotools? (i.e., by ./configure?)
Last edited on
@mbozzi

Thanks, oh, sorry I didn't mention it. It's libcaca, an Ascii art generator, it's not an "only c++" project, though, but has a C++ version too.

and about autotools, I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I use GNU g++ and tried the "make" command in that directory and it says "no makefiles found", this is while I can see two Makefile.am and Makefile.in files. It might not be relevant to what you asked, though, I'm such a newbie ;)
I’ve downloaded and extracted on my W7 machine the file
libcaca-0.99.beta19.tar.gz
from here:
http://caca.zoy.org/wiki/libcaca

If it’s the same you downloaded, there’s a “config.h” file in the sub-directory win32.
It contains a list of #define, but no function prototypes or class declarations. It means is a sort of ‘generic’ header, not connected with a specific .cpp file.
Actually it seems all these files include “config.h”:

caca++.cpp
conio.c
demo.c
demo0.c
dithering.c
event.c
font.c
font2tga.c
frames.c
fullwidth.c
input.c
mouse.c
spritedit.c
text.c
blit.c
canvas.c
colors.c
driver.c
figfont.c
gamma.c
import.c
swallow.c
transform.c
truecolor.c
configure
export.c
hsv.c
trifiller.c
unicode.c
caca_conio.c
caca0.c
dither.c
event.c
getopt.c
import.c
line.c
text.c
time.c
box.c
caca.c
charset.c
export.c
font.c
prof.c
attr.c
conic.c
conio.c
figfont.c
frame.c
gl.c
graphics.c
raw.c
string.c
transform.c
vga.c
canvas.c
cocoa.m
dirty.c
file.c
legacy.c
ncurses.c
null.c
slang.c
triangle.c
win32.c
x11.c
canvas.cpp
export.cpp
simple.c
bench.c
caca-test.cpp
cacaclock.c
common-image.c
dirty.cpp
driver.cpp
aafire.c
cacademo.c
cacadraw.c
cacaplay.c
cacaserver.c
cacaview.c
img2txt.c
kernel.c
makefont.c
optipal.c
sortchars.c

It’s possible that other config.h files are created during installation, as mbozzi said.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.