Confused Beginner Not beginner.

my question is that GUI is important for giving your program a graphical interface.

l mean if l want to create a very simple calculator for adding two variables by using simple c++ source codes like :

#include<iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{

int a,b,c;
a=5;
b=10;
c=a+b;
cout<<c;
}

now can l convert these codes into Graphical interface without using "GUI c++"? l mean with the help of any software, l know it look stupid but l am confused!

if l have to convert these codes or any other source codes of c++ with black background to Graphical Interface , what tools l required or should learn?

And one more thing is, out there the companies or firms hires programmers with the overall skills (coding and graphical skills) or "The programmers are those who only can write codes with black background.

l know l am stupid though but please can anyone help me out?

ps: sorry for my bad English :)
Hello daimkhalid07,

I do not understand what you are after.

Do you want to change the background color of the display?

Or do you have a need for using GUI?

Your English works, but the intent of your questions are lost.

Andy
C and C++ don't care about presentation. If you want a GUI, you must use a graphical library of some kind.

There are several that are good to start with.
  • Ultimate++ is very easy to set up.
  • Qt is very powerful.
  • FLTK is one that C++ programmers tend to like.
  • wxWidgets is another C++ favorite. You can get wxDev-C++ to help with it.

No matter what you are hiring to do there will be learning involved. Knowing C++ and knowing GUI systems are two separate skills.
  • Being familiar with modern C++14 at minimum is a must for all C++ job hunters.
  • Again, it might help to know a particular GUI toolkit/framework for a specific job, but businesses often care less about any specific tool than your ability to master said tool. The more GUI toolkits you can demonstrate proficiency over the better off you will be.

Oh, JSYK, the modern world is moving toward online distributed stuff. Learn some Java, Javascript, HTML/CSS, etc and database management.

If you are looking to get into games, learn some game systems. Write some games using those systems.

Good luck!
> out there the companies or firms hires programmers with the overall skills (coding and graphical skills)
> or "The programmers are those who only can write codes with black background".

Most places that I know of, where the mainstream development is in C++, focus on C++ programmers who
"can write good code with a black background". Some of them may know how to write GUI code in C++ or in other programming languages; some more may have some familiarity with graphical interfaces; however the core C++ programmers typically do not write GUI code.

That does not imply that graphical/web user interfaces are never used; in practice, the presentation layer is usually separated from the core program logic. Many programs which need to present and accept information from the user have more than one presentation mechanism: for stand-alone desktop programs, for a web based interface accessed via a browser, perhaps more for use with hand-held devices. These different presentation layers may be written by different sets of programmers, each with expertise in the respective GUI domains, more often than not in languages other than C++.

An example of this would be the web based compiler explorer: https://godbolt.org/g/kjvjKH
The people who wrote the various parts of the clang++ compiler suite (the bigger program) did not write the presentation code; in this case, the presentation logic (the smaller program) is in javascript.
For instance: https://github.com/mattgodbolt/compiler-explorer/blob/master/app.js
Thank you everyone for your response.Let me make it simple for you.

If you want to be a successful programmer with C++ and Python, What skills you must have l mean For a Programmer is it essential to know how to convert source codes into Graphical Interface or its upto on Developer?

For example: l have some good knowledge of C++ and Python and l can make any program of your choice, but l don't know how to give it Graphical Interface than should it work for me? like you consider me a good programmer? Oh Man! What skills a good programmers should have except writing code?

let me say that l am working in a company and my boss came to me and say "Hey junior! l need you to make a software which tells us what time it is". Now okay, l know how to make a clock with C++ but I don't know how to give that clock a Graphical Interface, this is a point l want to know that can a programmer convert these clock codes into Graphical Interface or a programmer would writes new codes for clocks with other gui languages?

once again thank you everyone :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.