wxwidgets not compiling

Hi guys the questiosn been asked before but seems to be differen in my case I have now been at this for 5 hours yes 5 hours trying to set up wxwidgets with codeblocks I originally ran into a problem with it so I uninstalled everything,deleted all files associated with both codeblocks and wxwidgets yet it still does not compile is

mingw32-g++.exe -LC:\wxWidgets-2.8.12\lib\gcc_dll -o bin\Release\duhdujd.exe obj\Release\duhdujdApp.o obj\Release\duhdujdMain.o obj\Release\GUIFrame.o obj\Release\resource.res -s -mthreads ..\..\..\..\..\..\wxWidgets-2.8.12\lib\gcc_dll\libwxmsw28u.a -mwindows
..\..\..\..\..\..\wxWidgets-2.8.12\lib\gcc_dll\libwxmsw28u.a: file not recognized: File truncated
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 0 seconds)

first it said missing libwxmsw29u.a yes 29 not not 28 now I can't even seem to find the lib file for libwxmsw29u.a

I am using a windows 10 64 bit machine

note the compilation of the wxwidgets ended abruptly so I'm not sure if everything was compiled I don't know why it ended abruptly

the error I get is
I am using a windows 10 64 bit machine

Have you looked for pre-compiled binarys?

https://www.wxwidgets.org/downloads/

Hi JLB which one should I select?
Well since you uninstalled everything I would recommend that you consider Visual Studio 2017 and then get the binary for that compiler.

I've got vs installed but isn't visual c++ different than c++?
Visual C++ is Microsoft's compiler for C++.
ohh ok I never knew that thought they differed just slightly
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.