this is the input

This_is_a_[Beiju]_text

outputs

BeijuTи�&�hP��&�iз�&�sP��&�_ж�&�iP��&�sе�&�_P��&�aд�&�_P��&�_text

it should output
BeijuThis_is_a__text

here is the link of the compilation
https://ideone.com/2FSqQg

i think the errors occur in the second recursive call for the trans function but i dont know where exactly .. is it when i pass the variable or is it something i should be doing the deque ?
Last edited on
Why do you need recursion? Isn't it simply a case of looking for the sequence [ ... ] and moving it?
When passing a const char* (or a char array) to the string constructor it assumes it points to the first element in a null-terminated array.

The array that you create on line 21 is not null-terminated, i.e. it does not end with a null-character '\0' (zero byte). When this array is passed to the string constructor on line 22 it will loop though and copy the chars in memory until it finds a null-character. This is probably why you get all that garbage in your string.

If you want to construct a string from a char array that is not null-terminated you will need to explicitly pass the length as the second argument.

char h[]={x[0]};
string hh(h, 1);

In this case it seems a bit unnecessary to construct a char array. You can pass a char directly to the string constructor but then you also need to pass an argument to decide how many times the char should be repeated.

string hh(1, x[0]);

You can also initialize the string using { } (similar to how you initialize an array). This is probably the simplest solution but it only works on modern compilers with support for C++11 or later.

string hh{x[0]};
Last edited on
Kbw

Why do you need recursion? Isn't it simply a case of looking for the sequence [ ... ] and moving it? 

nope whenever [ is met you should transfere what's after in the beginning and when ] is met u should transfere what is after in the end

it's not necessary to have [ then ] it could just be ] in the middle
Last edited on
thanx a lot Peter <3
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.