Is C++ Really Worth Learning in 2018?

Hello C++ , i was wondering if C++ is really a good programming language in 2018 to begin with. I am new to programming and love playing with codes. So please help me should i be learning C++ ?
It depends on what you want to do. If you want to pursue web programming, it isn't what you need.
i have passed BscIT and was wondering to start a career on IT field, do you have some suggestion on which field should i be moving? Because i am a lot confused here..
I don't know if this will help you but C++ wasn't my first language.
I started out with HTML and then JavaScript and then Java and finally settled on C++. I also dabbled in Visual Basic, C#, and Python.

But the programming language that I love the most is C++. Why? For me it was my love of video games and game programming.

Ask yourself what you love most about computers. Then do a little research and discover which code is recommended for that purpose.
Thanks Manga, for your useful information ... i will certainly do that
c++ is very worth it. It is one of the few true mixed level languages, able to handle everything from manhandling bits and bytes at just above the assembly level (supporting assembly fragments inline as well) all the way up to code so abstract and high level that a few lines of high level code can define a massive program.

It is also still one of the best platforms for high performance code.

It is also one of the oldest languages, with billions of lines of existing code in production, including OS code, tool suites, and many more. Many of the libraries out there are also C++.

And the big one... a great many 'modern' languages are based in C++. Java is basically "C++ with more limitations". C# is basically "messed up java" which is C++ based. Many more share the roots. If you know c++, you can read and write many languages with minimal additional training.

** I am picking on the child languages but I am kidding. Java brought portability to a world that needed it badly and was a huge addition to programmers' toolsets.

Last edited on
I agree with kbw, it all depends what you want to do.
According to Scott Meyers - one of renowned experts in C++ - said:
"C++ is great for libraries, but not for applications"

Might be worth doing a bit of research about the job market where you live.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.