simplest vector graphics forms

Hello,

I am trying to write a code that simulate wifi strength. The code should take a top view image for the building (building scheme) and place the wifi at a certain position in a room.

Everything is good. But, what kind of pictures should I import? I am familiar with .ppm, and I find it the most easy to use raster image format. Yet this does not serve the purpose of the project. Since finding/calculating distances, especially at angles is just cumbersome in raster. (Basically, the problems are: 1- hard to find distances 2-hard to specifically assign a position)

I think using Vector Graphics is the most suitable format for my project. My question is: What vector graphics format is the easiest to handle? (Synonym to .ppm for raster)

I would like to hear your suggestions as well.

Image Example:
https://www.ekahau.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/ess-heatmap.jpg
Last edited on
After half a month:

I gave up on the idea of using vector graphics. I found that using 3D files is more convenient to use, I recommend using .stl or .obj. .stl is good, but it always uses triangles, which mean you can't make a whole rectangle or any other shape with it.

.obj is superior, you can make as much vertices's as you want for your plane.

If you just want to make mathematical representations for your equations, simply use Asymptote language as it supply you directly with Vector Graphics forms.

I am still interested if someone knows a primitive simple file format for Vector Graphics though!
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.