Error

Hi

I have written according to the instruction but I still gett an error. According to data, it says that it can not find the file or directory.

Dont know what I´m doing wrong. Can somebody help me?

/Issa

Code:

// Matte.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application.
//

#include "stdafx.h"
#include <isotream>
using namespace std;

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
{
cout<<11+51;
return 0;
}

1>------ Build started: Project: Matte, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>Matte.cpp
1>c:\users\ida\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\matte\matte\matte.cpp(5) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'isotream': No such file or directory
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Ida\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Matte\Matte\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Matte - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

#include <iostream> You typo'd. btw, in C++ , int main() is the simplest signature. You prob just want to use that
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
_tmain() is a Microsoft extension, it doesn't exist in C++ or any compiler not MS. Better off to not use it unless you are writing code needing to be compiled as ANSI or UNICODE.

You'd be better off never using MS extensions to the C++ language. C++ with a bit of due diligence works just fine for ANSI or UNICODE.
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
I see you are using Visual Studio 2008. That is very much outdated.

Unless you are required to use VS2008 I would recommend getting Visual Studio 2017. It is free to use. 2008 won't let you compile C++11 or later specific code. That can be a serious block to learning C++.
OK, Thank you icy1 and FurryGuy for the help/information. I considering to update the program =)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.