Loosing identification when including header

Hello, I am trying to use a POINT in a class. When I create the header file everything is rosey. I created the .cpp file and included the header, now however I have a 'identifier "POINT" is undefined' problem in both the header file and the .cpp file.

-header
#ifndef __SHAPES_H__
#define __SHAPES_H__

class CShapes
{
public:
	CShapes();
	~CShapes();

POINT get_Start() const;
	void set_Start(POINT _newStart);

private:
	POINT starting_pos;

};

#endif // !__SHAPES_H__

-cpp
#include "Shapes.h"

CShapes::CShapes()
{
}

CShapes::~CShapes()
{
}

POINT CShapes::get_Start() const
{
	return POINT();
}

void CShapes::set_Start(POINT _newStart)
{
}

Pre-thanks for any help, I am unsure as to why the POINT type loses identification only when I include the .cpp file.
read the header file, ¿what the hell is a POINT? ¿where did you define it? the compiler complains because it can't find that definition
Ahhh I feel so daft now! I forgot that POINT is part of the windows library not a standard....
Sorry for wasting your time
Hello BadAtEverything,

In the ".cpp" file you have posted you have included the header file "Shapes.h", but what other header files are in the file? And what is in the "main" file along with what header files are included.

In "POINT" is undefined it sounds like the header file that defines "POINT" is missing.

Without seeing what is missing it is hard to guess at where the problem is.

Like some error messages the problem may not be where you think it is, but could come from a file you have not even considered.

There is a good chance that you are missing a header file that defines "POINT".

Hope that helps,

Andy
Hey Andy thanks for the reply,
You were right on the money I somehow forgot the windows library were POINT is defined.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.