how fast can you type abc...z program?

Pages: 123
closed account (Lv0f92yv)
Ultifinitus = cheat.

:P
um...albatross so does that means we cant use a variable
Nope. What are you trying to do?

-Albatross
Declaring a variable in a switch statement would be like declaring one in an if statement. It wouldn't make any sense.

if(int a) //... well we haven't done anything to 'a', so who's to say what it is? 

The same thing would apply in a switch statement, if you give it a variable that means nothing (a new variable with no value), what are you comparing your cases too?
Basically, you define a free stack memory-spot for usage, but you don't clear it (it keeps the value from before it was defined to be used for YOUR program), so it could be any value.
I won't even try. I can't beat 42 wpm normally. :-(
How long are your words, Duoas? ;)

-Albatross
0.281 using this AutoIt script ;)

Sleep(5000)
Send("abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz")

(I use Sleep to be able to select the flash player window before emulating the keystrokes)
Autoers kinda defeat the purpose of that game, don't you think, r0shi? How about using your fingers to press the buttons on a QWERTY-mapped keyboard and giving us back the time you get from that game without any lawyer's tricks per my definition? :P

-Albatross
I bet nobody can beat my time: http://www.tinyimg.org/images/238type0.png
Don't be so sure... http://www.tinyimg.org/images/750abcd.jpg :P

(In case you wonder how I did this, I simply completed typing before I even start)
LOL, nice photo editing r0shi (:

I won't even try. I can't beat 42 wpm normally. :-(

You should invest in a teaching typing program. Pick it up at your nearest software shop for.. what, 3 dollars? ;P
Thumper wrote:
You should invest in a teaching typing program.
I'm an excellent touch-typist. The problem is that I do more programming than research papers. Hence my low scores. (My hands are trained for typing keywords and weird punctuation.)

Albatross wrote:
How long are your words, Duoas? ;)
Somewhere between 'a' and 'antidisestablishmentarianism'. Sadly, the shorter the word, the harder it is to type... Wait, did I spell 'when' correctly? That doesn't look right.
(My hands are trained for typing keywords and weird punctuation.)

No kidding. Shell commands, C++ keywords, and standard identifiers practically appear on the screen when I think them. Sentences are a little slower and the abc's are just brutal.
(My hands are trained for typing keywords and weird punctuation.)
Okay, fair enough (:
I hadn't thought of it that way. But now that i am, i do tend to type some ugly code really fast. It's pretty cool how these things sort of imprint in your brain after a while. I can write the layout of a keyboard without hardly having to think of it.
Since this thread isn't about anything anymore, I might as well quote Duoas:
Duoas wrote:
antidisestablishmentarianism
I know a valid Dutch word that is probably more confusing (although it is not stated in our official dictionary, it's widely seen as a valid word - although being barely applicable in every day life):
Hottentottententententoonstellingen.
~ Plural of the word that is used to indicate an exhibition of a specific type of tents.

Since I'm on strange words/sentences, I'll post these, too:
"Als vliegen achter vliegen vliegen, vliegen vliegen vliegen achterna."
It means something among the lines:
"If flies would chase flies, flies would fly behind flies."

"Wat was was voor was was was? Was."
"What was wax before wax was wax? Wax."

Dutch isn't hard at all. - big smile -
Last edited on
and don't forget the famous dutch words "Fluggengegeholen"
"fluggegecheimen" as seen in the movie "Eurotrip"
well actually i want to make a program that prompts u to type abc...z and shows the time
Nobody is stopping you from making it
lolzz...but can u give me hints or maybe code on how to make it....coz im a noob :P
Pages: 123