你们好!

我来自中国很高兴认识大家!
I am from China,I am glad to meet everybody here!

I am an ACMer, is there any ACMers here?
Hello. I'm from Australia.
Sorry, dont know what an ACMer is.
Hmmm.. can display chinese characters in this forum?

Test123 我来自新加坡!
Hi i am from Greece!,τι κάνεις ρε φιλαράκι όλα καλά,οι γυναίκα τα παιδια;
The Greek to English translator translates kikirikou's Greek
τι κάνεις ρε φιλαράκι όλα καλά,οι γυναίκα τα παιδια;

as;

what you re all good buddy, the female children?

Ok as you can understand you can't rely on a google translator. The meaning is:How are you my fried? Is you family ok? How is your wife and your children? It's just a usual greek expression . AlphaBravo since you are australian you can find a lot of greeks to express it!
Yeah I used to know a few. Really good mates. Great guys.
Greece reminds me cuz they won UEFA Euro 2004 by beating Portugal. That match is classic and sad to say such heroics cannot be repeated thereafter.
Actually a Greek mate of mine at school taught me to greet people in Greek, so I innocently said what he told me to a bunch of Greek workmen on the other side of the school fence. They hurled a stone at me and chased me. Needless to say the Greek mate had long gone! When I found out what the so called 'greeting' actually meant no wonder those workmen chased me!
Don't even us the Greeks could believed what our team had achieved.Unforcunatly since then we can achieve something similar becuase our team is not as good any more. For example we lost in mundial from korea and we were elimenated from the first round. Hopefully new talents are coming to the surface such as the young Fetfatzidis.Remember this name ,and you will see him again in the next few years.
guess you need another Otto Rehakles...

@AlphaBravo
Maybe they just don't like ppl from down under
Last edited on
This is what the internet is supposed to do. It is supposed to bring people together :)
@coder777
Probably not. I dont even like us ppl down under.
wrestling with a crocodile might not always be the answer ;)
welcome!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.