What's The Best Program You Made?

closed account (zb0S216C)
What does it do?.
Last edited on
Haven't made anything particularly impressive, probably the best was a direct3d engine.
The Hello World Program.

No just kidding.

A large geometry equation calculator.

Even then It kind of sucked :).
My best program is this:

#include <sys/types.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
      char kl[30];
      sprintf(kl,"kill %d",getpid());
      return kl;
}

Just kidding :)
Program that will display my name. hehehe, my first program is my best program.

http://codewall.blogspot.com
closed account (4Gb4jE8b)
Well it wasn't in C++, but my best overall program was a program that randomly selected names out of a group, and saved the group as well. I made it with an awesome UI and everything :P
Nothing I'm really proud of in a way like: "WOA LOOK WHAT I DID.". More like "Lol, look what I did.". Type WANOP into the search field up above.
The best program I made was a simple binary calculator which took everything I learned in my discrete structures class and reapplied it in my C++ programming class. I made it work using the same rules a full adder uses for computer arithmetic.
I'm still a newbie to the language.

The best that I done is that solving the 8-queen problem using constraint sanctification arc
consistency.

it's my best :(

Best I've ever done is a program that lets you convert sentences to and from morse code. Numbers 0-9 included.
closed account (D80DSL3A)
I will say its my user vs. PC program for Scrabble. Writing the code for the computer to find and make its own plays was the challenging part. It works well enough that I have a tough time beating it. Here's a link: http://www.mediafire.com/fun2codeApps#0,1
It's in the ScrabblerDemo folder. The 3 text files must go with the .exe file.
@fun2code

I'm quite interested in how your program recognised what was a real word and what wasn't. I can't think of a way of doing that, short of hard coding every word in the dictionary into it =P
To sanzilla eight queen problem was that a school problem ?
closed account (N6A4jE8b)
The best program I made was a calculator.

It added, subtracted, multiplied, divided, had beeping sounds from Windows API programming
and tested to make sure you entered the correct methods pre-calculations(such as '+', '-', '*' and '/').

Is that good?

EXTRA: It also displayed the calculated values in sentences to make it more than just numbers.
Last edited on
closed account (D80DSL3A)
@quirkyusername
The program uses a list of words in a text file for its plays.
Writing the code for the computer to find and make its own plays was the challenging part.

Every developer who have develop some applications that is game in nature would find the above statement quite true. It is very hard for us to make the computer 'smart' to beat humans. Afterall computer take a set of instructions from us developers to execute their operations.

This is why in games development, there is always claims from some games maker that their computer AI better, smarter, etc for which no one really know actually.

PS I am always in the process of making the computer 'smarter' and 'faster'. One trick is to introduce timer for your game which will beat some humans cuz computer process much faster and human need to think and viola computer beat human in say 7 out of 10 rounds is a commendable feat already :P
Not fond of English much, are you?
Not fond of English much, are you?

English is not my native language but I think I manage to get my view across so other forum-ers can understand would be good enough isn't it ? :)
Last edited on
Well yeah, no offense.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.