Just wondering how you's remember stuff?

Hi, i was just wondering if you programmers who are considered advanced remember everything in c++/windows programming, do you's often look back at old work to jog your memory?

Im just curious. :)
I don't consider myself advanced, but stuff that you need often will eventually remain in your memory, and for stuff that you don't need so often you have documentation / references.
Last edited on
I have my own proprietary method for learning/remembering stuff.
I have 7 workspaces on my desktop, and four of them are devoted entirely to my development environment. Only one of them *does not* continually have reference material on it.
kool :)
Are you peopols tolking about the computers a the Humen minds?
Last edited on
I dont understand your question, but...

Were talking about ways/techniques we use to remember programming.
I sometimes even have trouble remembering how to use functions I wrote myself (if I haven't used them in a while). That's why I document everything.
Simple. Post-its everywhere around my computer. Although after a while layers of
multi-colored paper starts to collect, which is why every now and then I move the post it notes beside my bed for quick memorization before sleep.
Comments, or even better just descriptive names. I always keep references for the library I'm using handy.
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE....................................................................................................... and a good book for the first year or so. after that most of it should stick whatever does not i just look back at some projects i did demonstrating whatever I'm having trouble remembering.
Intellisense! Only partly. XD There's also the repetition involved with any activity that helps you memorize it.
OP wrote:
Just wondering how you's remember stuff?

You don't, that's why we use (*need*) IDE's and intellisense and help files and documentations and Google >:p
Also, Doxygen is a really handy tool. I use it extensively (although, it won't help you much with standard libraries, but they're pretty well documented).
repet and repet . . .
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.