need help in making shapes

Pages: 12
hey guys i just enrolled into a C++ class.
and fyi i missed the first week classes cause ive enrolled in a wrong classes thanks to my advisor.
im hoping that someone can reply to this topic and we can add each other in msn so that i could ask you bout my assignment.
please i really appreciate your help.
TBH (=To be Honest) how us/we can be helpful to you?

Noticr! straight answers is BAD! ;) try to solve some problems yourself
hey eraggo i totally understand that straight answers is BAD. but imagine i know nothing bout C++ and im just beginning reading the textbook.
but i have to pass up the assignment in 2 days.
i dont even have a compiler in my laptop yet.
please please. i promise i will study and understand the program after i pass it up. at least i can pass it up first! T.T
please if you could just show me the code i promise ill understand it before submitting it. please. im not making a fool here im really lost and need help. :(
Paste the assignment and show any amount of effort and I'm sure someone here will give you hints on how to finish or help you complete it through here, but no one is just gonna write it for you. They may tell you what to do and where to look up the information.
If you only missed one week, catching up should hardly take more than an hour or so.
And if you have two whole days to hand it in, then what exactly are you worrying about?

i dont even have a compiler in my laptop yet.

Well, time to change that. Installing the Code::Blocks+MinGW suite takes two minutes:
http://www.codeblocks.org/
Last edited on
hey eraggo i totally understand that straight answers is BAD. but imagine i know nothing bout C++ and im just beginning reading the textbook.
but i have to pass up the assignment in 2 days. I dont even have a compiler in my laptop yet.
please please. i promise i will study and understand the program after i pass it up. at least i can pass it up first! T.T

Some knowledge of programming is get via actually making something!

I try to be not rude, but following that it would be easy....
FYI i missed 4 hours of classes. and yes im reading the textbook as we speak. and thanks for the compiler. and i still have other homework to do thats why im worried.
Paste your assignment. I'll tell you how long it will take to do. (I'm expecting basic non-computer specific C++, now Win-API or stuff like that.)
Judging from the title, it's probably the usual asterisk pyramid, triangle and maybe a christmas tree.
Seems to be a world-wide standard first assignment.
No triangle should be bigger than about 28 pixels
After drawing the triangles, the program must pause for 2 seconds. Then draw the same triangles in the same spots on the screen, but they will be flipped upside down . Then the program pauses for 20 seconds and ends.
i try to make this short as possible (not first though):
GIVE US ATLEAST ONE(>=1) ASSIGNMENT THAT NEEDS HELP IN CODING.
oops about the caps.

TBH (=To Be Honest) there are EXCELLENT tutorials about programming in C++.
Try to find user "xoaxdotnet" in YouTube

!! I DO NOT GET ANY REWARD OR SOMETHING TO ADVERTISE SOME SITES !!
doing it for fun
Last edited on
Okay, so that's not standard. C++ itself provides no means to open a "graphics window" without the use of additional libraries. So how to do that entirely depends on the library your course is using. It'll likely be explained in your textbook.
eraggo how can i do the coding if i dont even understand it. duh. im reading the textbook now. well why dont u guys try to do that. its ok that u dont wana show me the coding, but i just wana know how long it takes for u guys to do it
It takes about five minutes (including checking the exact star positions on the image), at least with the libraries I'm using.
Not that the assignment is very clear... it doesn't say whether the triangles are supposed to be filled or whether the background is supposed to be white or that image or...
omg 5 minutes? =.=
#include<iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
        cout << "Hello worls!" << endl;
        return 0;
}

Line 1: C++ can NOT tell user (aka "print") anything without this.
Line 2: Not needed but it makes things easier....
Between lines (4+5) and line 8: Needed; In every C++ program has to be main() - block
block? anything inside {} is a bkock....
line 7: program has to be returning some value :P

Athar can you be my tutor here?
i mean explain to me step by step. not in terms of code but in terms of theory so i can understand and what i should do
like how can i position the triangle and how to make a triangle. idk all that :(
Pages: 12