header file issue

hello all, back again with another homework issue. i have a homework problem with classes, and the instructor wants parts of the program as header files. i elected to put the classes into the header files, and have no errors with the header files, but when i try to include them as :#include <employeeclass.h>
#include <payrollclass.h>, i get the following errors:
Error 1 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'employeeclass.h': No such file or directory c:\documents and settings\allisa\my documents\visual studio 2010\projects\classes intro\classes intro\classes intro.cpp 9 1 classes intro
2 IntelliSense: cannot open source file "employeeclass.h" c:\documents and settings\allisa\my documents\visual studio 2010\projects\classes intro\classes intro\classes intro.cpp 9 1 classes intro
3 IntelliSense: cannot open source file "payrollclass.h" c:\documents and settings\allisa\my documents\visual studio 2010\projects\classes intro\classes intro\classes intro.cpp 10 1 classes intro

what can i do to fix this?
You probably want "" around your header file name instead of <>. The latter looks in system include directories, while the former looks in the current directory (where your header likely is).
thanks...that took care of two out of three, the last being a nameing convention problem i just fixed thank you!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.