im a beginner and i need help in game hacking

Pages: 12
@naraku9333:
His meaning of hacking is pretty clear.
aperson282 wrote:

im a beginner hacker, i don't realy care about hacking in to the goverment or other computers or even passwords.

He is looking to hack a game to make it in his favor, which is illegal. Games that allow mods wouldn't need a topic on hacking and would normally have tutorials online for making the mods (like Fallout 3 and Oblivion for example). Hacking a game, even for personal use, if found out by the publisher can result in legal action. A lot of companies in the industry during the '90s made it clear they see hacking and piracy as the same threat. Final Fantasy XI even has a Terms of use now that covers using AutoIT3 to automate your actions for upping your summoner skills and such.
@BHXSpecter

Terms of Use (Terms of Service, EULA whatever) are not grounds for LEGAL recourse in general. Hacking in a video game will not earn you jail time - maybe your gamer tag will be suspended from said services but nothing more.

Now if you are hacking and causing DDOS attacks on company owned dedicated game servers that provide service for gamers and result in loss of revenue.. those are grounds for recourse.
@CodeMonkey
Please don't ask question unless they are related to C++.

I'm new in this forum and didn't understand this answer. I woul like to know more about this, could you please send me a post?
This is a C++ and C forum. So here are not many users how can answer to questions about hacking, or other things. And it is not mean to do it. You need to find a forum about hacking and ask in here. Like this one http://www.reteam.org/

P.S. more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_engineering
closed account (1vRz3TCk)
georgewashere wrote:
Hacking in a video game will not earn you jail time
You should not be giving 'legal advice' in this way. In the UK there is law that makes 'unauthorised modification of computer material' a criminal offense that is punishable with jail time.

Other amendments to the Act include:
* Unauthorised access to computer material
* Unauthorised acts with intent to impair operation of computer, etc.
* Making, supplying or obtaining articles for use in computer misuse offences

How likely you are to be prosecuted is another matter...
People who hack games piss me off.

Whether you think you're being harmless or not is irrelevant. Fact is that people go out and pay £40 for a game then some cheating little scrot winds up hacking or glitching to make the online portions unplayable or, at least, unenjoyable.

To be completely honest, I'm surprised you've received as much advice as you have on here. I don't have such patience and, given the brief insight to your intelligence indicated by your spelling and grammar, advise that you take up the paperboy job.
Nice discussion in the Lounge about Yahoo.
... Your not about to be a paper boy? When I was 12 I had a job as a janitor while doing school while learning to program on the side. Don't tell me that
A) You are too young,
B) you don't have time.

Face it, you don't want a job. You just want to sit around cheating on games and destroying the game play from the people who actually want to play an honest game. Not only that, but you are in essence taking away business from the developer.

Now tell me, do you want to cheat on games?
@CodeMonkey

The OP is from California(if we are to trust the information he submitted to the website when he registered here), AFAIK prosecution for cheating in a video game is unprecedented and IMO should be laughed out of court.

edit: Obviously you are correct though in not giving out legal advice!
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12