Homework

Pages: 12
Which operating system are you using?

Slightly off-topic, I've never looked at any video tutorial for C++. I have a horrible suspicion it's watching someone typing, and then watching them pushing compile. Is that right?
Last edited on
im on windows..and um, in regards to the second thing u said...what? xD
Windows is not quite so kind to the command line user, but it's still fairly easy. This might be a good way to start: http://www.osix.net/modules/article/?id=670

Meh, seems like to much trouble to go through :/ in the end it would do the same thing for me as Code::Blocks, rights?
It would do a lot less for you than Code::Blocks. You'd have to organise a lot of it yourself. The advantage is that you can do it yourself. It is an awful lot easier to get started on *nix operating systems, but that's *nix for you.

When I teach coding, I don't let anyone touch an IDE until they can already code :)
Last edited on
Haha, well i dont know, i think having an IDE makes things a little easier when learning, 'cause it tell you what the errors are and there is syntax highlighting so you know you didnt misspell anything. but hey, maybe thats just me xD
A CL compiler should still give a decent enough indication of the errors. Obviously this varies between compilers.

There are also a bunch of basic editors with syntax highlighting. Notepad++ is a decent enough example on Windows. I use TextWrangler for Mac and Vim for *nix.
Ya i like Notepad++ too, i use it mainly for HTML stuff tho :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12