What kind of certification do I need?

I was looking into starting a basic computer maintenance business to get some extra cash. And if it picks up, maybe it will replace my current part time job. Virus/spyware/etc. removal, file maintenance and clean up; speeding up slow computers (optimization), etc. I'm not looking to do any work with hardware.

My market is aimed towards individuals and less technical PC users, not so much companies (although I would eventually look in that direction).

I know enough to get started and do basic work. But I was wanting to get some kind of certification that would make sure I had all the knowledge needed to be successful with the start up, learn about the necessary software to perform the tasks(other than the freeware I already use), as well as increase my credibility.

I've already considered A+ certification. Are there any others? Again, I'm mostly looking to work with software, troubleshooting, virus removal, PC set-up, etc.
This is more of an IT topic rather than programming, which is what we do here. But, I know friends who have the A+ and they all said its pretty easy to get and most employers look for at least that. If you're looking into network admin stuff, then a CCNA is a must. There's a ton of certs out there, and a lot tend to cost a decent amount of money. So it just depends on what exactly you're looking for
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.