Code::Blocks

I am using the Code::Blocks MinGW compiler to work on my beginner, entry-level programs,and when I try to put in my standard #includes and my using namebase and all of that, it comes back saying that the files iostream, string, and conio.h do not exist in my libraries. I actually spent like 20 minutes and found each of them to prove to myself that this was not a fluke and I did have them, but it remains. I put this in (I am working on password-protecting my stuff):
#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include <conio.h>
using namespace std;
int main(){
   string pass ="";
   char ch;
   cout << "Enter pass\n";
   ch = _getch();
   while(ch != 13){//character 13 is enter
      pass.push_back(ch);
      cout << '*';
      ch = _getch();
   }
   if(pass == "Demonstration"){
      cout << "\nAccess granted :P\n";
   }else{
      cout << "\nAccess aborted...\n";
   }
}
And it spits out a compiler error saying my headers do not exist. Every one of them is in my lib directory. Could someone explain why my compiler is acting up?

Thanks in advance.
If it worked before, you could have possibly changed your directories. Go to: Settings -> Compiler and debugger... -> Global compiler settings

Make sure the default (GNU GCC Compiler) is selected. Check around in the tabs underneath and make sure nothing looks wrong (shouldn't be much in them anyways).

* If you still have the issue after that. Reinstall.

If Code::Blocks MinGW never worked for you before, see *.
Thanks for the help. I would have had no idea where the problem was.
And even after a full reinstall, the iostream (which I actually found) does not exist. Could you please explain what my computer is doing to the poor program?
More than likely it's just a bad installer. I'm not 100% sure what your issue is, but if no one else can help, I'd suggest trying to find some posts through google that relate to your issue. I've never heard of, or seen that, before so I couldn't really tell you where to begin. If you're not new to computers, I'd suggest uninstalling the entire thing, MinGW and C::B, and then download the MinGW exe and installing it to (Windows:) C:\MinGW. Download the latest nightly from the Code::Blocks website and installing that as well. After linking the stuff together (selecting appropriate Compiler and toolchains) you should be on your way.

If you know how to compile using the command prompt, I'd suggest trying that first, however, I believe the issue lies in the fact that the MinGW install was bad.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.