Console Game: "Skeptor". Wanting code revision and opinions/suggestions [v0.7.3]

Pages: 12
@kaseron:
lolwut?
Just keep up the good work, I will want more chapters.
And a tip for the next sectioni of the game:

Make some kind of puzzle where the player has to flip tiles till they are all the same color, but make the 4 tiles around them flip at the same time as the tile they flipped.

Example:

//Objective: Make all boxes equal to 0
//the bolded one is the one I am changing
//italicized means that they will also be changed in the same move
//and now victory
//end demo
Last edited on
Good idea Kaseron!

PD: I'm working on second part of chapter 2, and the game will have 5 chapters when finished (In not so few months...). Maybe that puzzle will be the third part of chapter 2, any ideas of in what situation to use it?

PD2:

Chapter 1: Correct option
Chapter 2: Puzzles
Chapter 3: Mix
Chapter 4: Investigation/Mystery
Chapter 5: Fighting? Epilogue?
Last edited on
Whoa! I've been making a game very similar to this for the past year or so! It has lots of similar features and a somewhat similar feel. It's so bizarre... I'm also done with chapter 1 and partway through my chapter 2. Anyway, I'm going to give your game a shot and give some feedback if I have time. I should hopefully be finishing chapter 2 on my own game in the next couple of weeks, so if you'd like to try it out, you're more than welcome. Seeing as how the structure of our games is so similar, we might both be able to make lots of improvements.
I would be so happy to try your game, Daw!

I'll continue with my own chapter 2 (;D) after finishing the boring process of putting my code into several files. Hopefully that would make it easier to work with for me, and easier to read for the pros of this forum...
Bump + Version 0.7.3 with, again, the code almost completely reorganized... I really want more suggestions to improve my game, and please, don't complain very much about the code now, because I've only worked in the code this last month! (Slowly)
I would have the symbols be runes, where you have to end up with a certain combination to enter the magic chamber.
What do you mean? I think that's what I did... :P
Well, I wouldn't know because my computer is feuding with all download sites, and so you probably did. Maybe you could make a game where it is a 2-D side scroller that uses arrow keys to move (left-right, well; up, climb up a block, down, pick up a moveable block--those of you with TI-84 Silver editions know this as Block Dude) and have that at the end, with terrible prices to pay if you get it wrong (such as losing your save). I know I am not the most original person on the game-development front, but I am more of a no-turns designer (not that I code them, I'm a n00b).
One awesome game. I wish I could make ASCII images liek that!
Thanks!
Hey, why don't you add load/save options? Maybe a bit of fighting (see cprogramming.com's snippet rpg2 for a good system of console-based fighting that would be a great addition to your system).

If you do the fighting scene with sleep() and multiple ASCII images to make the animation, it could end up as the best section of your game, even despite your puzzles' being so good.
Anything that isn't a simple puzzle or an option selection would require multithreading, which I will learn later because of its complicity.
This project is to entertain myself and allow me to learn more and practice at the same time, so I'm taking things slow, sorry.
BUT, a figthing part is planned. I confirm this.
Hey, hope the project's going well. Looking forward to the fully released version ^^
Well, I haven't done very much, sorry :c
I'll maybe continue some day soon. I got kinda bored of this, maybe I need something really interesting to do :D I really want to make the labyrinth of chapter 3, but I have to finish the boring second part of chapter 2 first D:
Ahhh man, should always finish what you started :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12