UML for C language project

Hi,

I have a C project, and it just contains functions that read and writes files, and modifies strings. Would a Use-Case diagram be the best, since I won't have to worry with classes?
I also have exception handling( if user enters wrong number, print his error and ask again )
void print()
void delete()
void move()
void readIn()
void save()
Last edited on
I also have exception handling( if user enters wrong number, print his error and ask again )

Exceptions are massive overkill and overly complicated for that. The clue is in the name; exceptional circumstances. If user enters wrong number, detect that it is wrong and loop until user enters right number.
Last edited on
I think UML is a little more suited to OOD. I think just a normal flow chart would work fine for you here, if you really need something. Though this sounds basic enough you probably don't need much of anything.
UML is an Object Oriented design method. Just because you're using C, doesn't mean you don't have objects.

Clearly the program should do something so it's best to think ahead of the problem and how to solve it. UML documents this thinking.

I've noticed in your program description, you haven't said anything about what it does, only about how it might do it. That's not really the perspective of a designer.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.