All c++ programmers look here.

I wanna just ask something about snake,so to see if it is very hard project or meduim.

ask in these questions:

1)How much months(time) are you learning programming in general?
2)How much months(time) are you learning c++?
3)Have you made a cmd snake in c++?(if you are able to do it.)

Thanks guys.
To know C++ on professional level you need no less than three years. If someone will say you that it is required less than three years than you can surely conclude that he is a very weak C++ programmer.:)
Yea but if c++ is your first language after how much months learning it ,you will can make a snake cmd.?

thanks
I can not answer this question but you can start programming on C++ at once. There is a difference between I know C++ and I write programs on C++.:)
Man i am programming 4.5 months and almost 4 months in c++.(i am learning many languages-10 at least so i am not focus only in cpp).
But i am quick learner and i have made good programs.for example a car game that try to avoid other cars and take dollars(cmd).

But i found a snake in the net and i understand it,but i think is a bit hard.
So what you think?

It is normal(about my time i am good with it?) or i am stupid ?

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about what is normal. It sounds like you are quite impatient, and you probably need to accept that it will take time to become really proficient.

An important point is that reading and understanding code written by someone else can be difficult regardless of your skill level, as you need to understand not only how the C++ language works (or any other language, depending on the circumstances), but also need to understand the thought processes of the other programmer. Well-commented code will help, but there can still be seemingly peculiar ways of approaching any particular problem that may seem puzzling.

It may well be simpler to write a program yourself, from scratch, than to fully understand someone else's code, at this stage of your learning.
Snake is a very easy. I wrote a snake game at school using NCurses for fun years ago.
Ok but how much months you programming in genral and how much in c++.
I've almost finished the snake game, and had most of it done rather quickly. I just can't find a good way to grow the snake after it (eats?) the dot.
xhtmlx is coading 7-8 months in c++ only i think,so this means that a snake is hard.
Anyway aarron i have a snake and i just figoured out.

come in skype for more.
Well, I think I could have a variable hold the amount the snake has eaten and then, when printing the snake's head, use a for loop to print the rest of the body. That's all I have left to do. It bothers me because this shouldn't be hard, which means I'm over-complicating it. The last time I was this frustrated was when I finished my first "intermediate" challenge on Reddit.com/r/dailyprogrammer.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.