I have been stuck on pdcurses for a week.

This may be challenging.

I really, really need help on how to use pdcurses. I don't mean help with the code, but help with how to set it up on an IDE. I can use Code::Blocks, Visual Basic, or NetBeans. I use MinGW.

To be more specific, I am trying to design a roguelike. Although I am a beginner to C++ I feel I am ready, so please do not critique my decision making. I just need help with external libraries, or whatever it is called when you have a header file and a lib file and need to link them to a project.

PDCurses is the library I have decided on. The three files, pdcurses.h, pdcurses.lib and pdcurses.dll are all here available here. http://pdcurses.sourceforge.net/

What I am asking for, exactly, is a step by step instruction (from the beginning) on what to do after I download the files. Although I mostly know what to do, it doesn't seem to work at all, so I am going to just start fresh. If it's not too much to ask for, please be specific.

Also, I have done a very large amount of searching (A VERY LARGE AMOUNT) and this is my final resort. I would like somebody to help me specifically, not a general guideline. But if you feel compelled to give me a tutorial, I will gladly look it over.

Please, please help me. I will be eternally grateful if you can. This is extremely important to me.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.