So I'm studying for this test and I made a few review questions based on the study guide. Obviously i have my own answers for these but I wanted to post to see what more experienced programmers would answer to questions such as these? Only if you have time, of course! :D
1. Explain operator precedence, associativity, number of operands, etc.
2. Which operators cannot be overloaded?
3. Which operators should not be overloaded and why?
4. When should we use a member overloaded operator and when should we choose a non- member overloaded operator?
6. What are the pros and cons of making a function a friend of a class.
7. Describe the this* pointer:
8. What are the different modes that files may be opened in?
9. Code for file related functions.
10. How do you create a function template?
11. What is it for?
12. Differences in how to use an overloaded operator function in a template?
icic, so heres the actual study guide: if any of you can help really quick it would definately help me prepare for my test tomorrow! Thanks!
These are the concepts that you should be familiar with for Exam #3.
- Basic facts (precedence, associativity,number of operands, etc.)
- Operators that cannot be overloaded
- Operators that should not be overloaded
- Member and non-member overloaded operators
- Function calls that are equivalent
- Pros and cons of making a function a friend of a class
- What it is.
- File I/O classes.
- Modes that files can be opened in.
- File I/O related functions.
- What it is.
- How to create one.
- Differences with overloaded function.