NOOB Really Needs Help

I am not a programmer and I have been beating my brains out trying to build a small C++ program in Visual Studio 2005 as suggested by the detailed instructions on how to build the program. Can anyone help?

Compiler Specific Resources:

Note: In the table below, the abbreviation [lib] is used to indicate the path [install]\lib\win32. The abbreviation [inc] is used to indicated the path [install]\inc. The abbreviation [src] is used to indicated the path [install]\src. The abbreviation [install] refers to the installation path of the TED-Kit 2 Foundation Classes. The default value selected by the installer is C:\Program Files\NXP Semiconductors\TED-Kit 2 Foundation Classes.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005

Debug [lib]\msvc-8.0\tk2fcd.lib
Release [lib]\msvc-8.0\tk2fc.lib
Header Files: [inc]\tk2
[inc]\tk2fc
Source Files [src]\tk2fc

Additional Steps:

1: Create a new solution or create a new project and add it to an existing solution.

2: Create a new C++ source file or add an already exiting one to this project.

3: Select the project and open the properties dialog (Alt-F7).

4: Select Configuration: All Configurations and set the following values:

Configuration Properties|Debugging|Environment
PATH=[lib];%PATH%

Configuration Properties|C/C++|General|Additional Include Directories
[inc]\tk2f
[inc]\tk2

Configuration Properties|Linker|General|Additional Library Directories
[lib]\msvc-8.0
[lib]

5. Select Configuration: Debug and set the following values:

Configuration Properties|Linker|Input|Additional Dependencies
tk2fcd.lib
tk2d.lib

6: Select Configuration: Release and set the following values:

Configuration Properties|Linker|Input|Additional Dependencies
tk2fc.lib
tk2.lib

7: Close the properties dialog

I know this may be real easy for some of you, but the abbreviations, brackets, and my general inability to understand this is driving me mad. Especially for such a small program to integrate into another program.

If anyone can please help me out, it would be greatly appreciated considering this is only the first part and I have to learn the specific commands once this is built.

Thanks again.

Jim

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.