do you know of a good C++ windows api used in conjunction with codeblocks

i got me 32 bit windows, and i know nada apart from everywhere i look is visual studio which i heard is a bit different/boring.

i want to install a windoews api and learn how to use it, ideally i want to send randomly timed pictures of a printed screen with login info and time/date because a friend wants a clocking in system for his we developing minions, sounds easy shame its not linux, heard thats easier for networks.

he said he will do the other end of the programming...coure in the mean time, i just need the api and a bunch of tutorials
bump
The Win32 API is an integral part of Windows. Beyond that, pick a widget toolkit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_widget_toolkits
Last edited on
okay but does it have to be visual c++? its annoying i want to install it like i installed sdl
No. You can use any choice of text editor and compiler you like.
is their an instalation tutorial anywhere or do you have to generaly be good at this stuff
Last edited on
The Win32 API is already there. You use it by #include ing the relevant header file and linking to the library. Just like every other set of functions and libraries.
their really is only info for visual express, i got to put some dll somwher some headers somewhere in the include, its not just gonna work
Last edited on
oh...my bad its built in...please pm me to tell me im stupid need to be reminded daily, perhaps that can be my first windows/net program
Then pick one off the list of widget toolkits.

Sooner or later you're going to have to learn how to use headers and libraries, rather than using a magic installer to hold your hand.
i would love to learn to use them but i cant find a tutorial that holds my hand the whole time i learn to install them
ahhh qt :D the hell is a toolkit when its at home? installed though and looking through the stuff i dont yet understand
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.