Multiplication/Division Tables With Arrays

I'm trying to make a pretty specific multiplication table using arrays and a command line argument. I have my program kind of outlined as far as the functions go, but am not sure on a few things. Here is the program:

#include <iostream>
#include <stdlib.h>

using namespace std;

struct mult_div_values { 
   int mult; 
   float div; 
}; 

int mult_div_values** create_table(int m, int n) //Creates matrix of structs given m and n

void set_mult_values(mult_div_values **table, int m, int n) //Sets multiplications values
{

}
void set_div_values(mult_div_values **table, int m, int n) //Sets division values
{

}
int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
	int rows=atoi(argv[1]); //Converts string inputted into int
	int cols=atoi(argv[2]);
	return 0;
}

So basically what I want to be able to do is run the program with ./table 6 6 (or whatever two numbers) and it will make a multiplication table and division table that are 6 by 6. It would assign the multiplication table to the mult struct and the division table to the div struct.

So other than getting input as to how my program looks so far, I have a few questions. How do I make it so that I can run the rows/columns in the command line? How do I create the table? And how do I get the multiplication and division values set? Any help is appreciated.
Also, with line eleven of my code, I get an error. It says "expected initializer before â*â token." But that line of code was provided to me, so I'm not sure what to do with it or what it was supposed to mean.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.