Understanding of question

ok...this is the question and i dont understand it!

Write a program in C + + to analyze a piece of music encoded through the Anglo-Saxon notation (notes ranging from A to G) entered from the keyboard by the user.
Required: Enter a check to be sure to acquire only the characters A to G.
Calculate and print screen:
 The number of pairs of distinct notes XY (agreement) inside the track where XY is to be chosen by the user.
 The longest sequence of the same note this in the song (if there is more than one combination will highlight the latest

can someone explain to me what the question wants me to do? is not a programming problem...may be english? :) analyze a piece of music encoded entered by the user? i should immagine a piece of music encoded with letters A to G? i dont know nothin about music coding pls...can a good samaritan explain better to me? pls.
Number of pair of distinct notes XY inside the track? what track??? wow fantastic :)

jokes aside..someone pls explain the question...so i can program...why cant they make direct questions without using soo many fantastic words? or am i the ignorant one? maybe...thanks in advance good samaritan :)
Last edited on
They mean that you are going to get a string like this:
"CDEFGABCCCDGBFADE"

Your task is to:
1) Ask the user for a pair of notes such as "FA". Then count the number of times that pair is seen in the string. In the case above, FA appears once
2) Find the largest number of recurring notes. In the case above C appears 3 times in a row.
thank you stewbond...i have to be more open minded
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.