A few beginner questions

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on these forums, so if I do anything wrong, tell me, and I will watch it in the future.
My questions are:

(1)
How can I make a intro screen which displays a logo (or a custom picture), some text, and some sound, if people start my game for the first time.
This can also be a video, which I can make, with credits and some effects..
And, with first time, I mean like, a new session.

(2)
After the intro screen, it should go to a menu, where people can select Play Game, Settings, Quit, and some more.

(3)
When they select play game, I know how to load the game stuff, but I don't know how to display loading screens with some music until the loading is done.

I realize these might be hard questions, but how hard it might be, I want to give it a try anyways :)

Thanks in advance
closed account (o3hC5Di1)
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum :)

In order to be able to answer your questions, we would need a little more information I'm afraid.
Could you tell us a bit more about the game, in respects of:

- is it a console / 2d / 3d game?
- are you using any specific frameworks or libraries (SFML, OpenGL, QT, ...)?

The answers to your questions would be specific for the libraries you are using, hence the need for extra information.

Thanks very much.

All the best,
NwN
Thanks for the fast reply :)

My game is a 3D game, which uses a Game engine called Unity3D.
I don't have any more info since there is nothing else ready yet, I mean, I have the 3D environment set up, and I had a standard game done, which is lost because my computer crashed a few days ago.
So that's all the information I have.
If you need any more information, please say, and I will check it.

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.