cant compile my program?

hello i have written a program and it worked pretty good. i made a few changes and compiled it again and i got a message from my virus scan it removed an virus. and when i checked it out i saw it removed my program and now i can't compile it anymore. could anyone tell me how i can solve this? or what the problem could be?
What antivirus are you using? and do you get any compiler errors?
Last edited on
If you have AVG that doesn't surprise me. AVG has a habit of picking up self-created programs as viruses. Try a new antivirus? or tell the antivirus to allow the program anyway?
telenet security pack
i totally shut down telenet security pack and it works again. but this can't be normal right? and i had no option to allow it i could only block ,remove or in quarantaine.
It is normal, actually. Well, normal for antiviruses that aren't so great. I haven't got any experience with telenet, but I feel like if an antivirus doesn't give the user complete administration over what is and isn't deleted or detected as a virus, it isn't a good antivirus. AVG is the only other antivirus i've known so far to do this as well. EDIT: and McAfee

Your best bet is to try a different antivirus.
Last edited on
Happened to me with AVG, removed it, I don't really mind being antivirus-supporting, unless it's for a medium/large-scale project (e.g. like Steam or Chrome or Ffox or...)

I'd like the reason why some programs are RANDOMLY found as viruses, like, what the hell, how is my newly-made program ALREADY in an antivirus's database?

F.O. sh*tty antiviruses ~ End of Rage.
Last edited on
@EssGeEich
It's not because your program is in a database (well, it might have been sent to them as a result of detection). Antivirus' use heuristics to detect things that it doesn't necessarily have cataloged. It's often the act of compilation that these antivirus' detect as a false positive, not even necessarily the program itself. Although, AVs hate the use of system().
AVs hate the use of system()

I know that part of the "story". But, let me say, there are alternatives to system, it's like senseless to stop system when you can do the same with, say, ShellExecute (Windows).

Also, I don't think at all it's the "act of compilation" that "marks" a program with "Hey look, I'm a virus".

Because, what an antivirus sees is a file being written, byte by byte, to a file with exe extension. Besides eventual malign exe unpackers (who are exes themself >_>) that can't be the reason too, because say you are using winrar to extract a exe file, winrar isn't marked as a virus.

MD5 equality is to be excluded.

So, yeah, the reason is that an antivirus, looking at the imported functions, looks for malicious functions like system and who knows what other functions (but as I said over, it's useless, there is always a way through unless people stop downloading random things, like unlegits or unofficial tools not recommended, or clicking advertisements for programs that "clean your pc").

It may also look up the MD5 in a malicious MD5 database.

So you can:

1. Remove your suspicious calls and replace with equivalent
or
2. Use OS-Specific functions to import at run-time the required suspicious functions (Windows -> LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress/FreeLibrary)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.