Why dont i have the grey bar for debugging on the left side of my work area?

Im working on a C++ project right now in Visual studio 2012 and i want to do some debugging to fix a problem with my program but there is no gray bar at the left side of the screen for me to put a break point in for. How can i get that bar back because i want to do some debugging to fix the problem with my program

as for the problem if you want to take a crack at it then read the following if not ignore it

for my programming project we have to create a program where you enter a set of numbers and then the program determines the min, max, median, standard deviation and outliers of the set of numbers. so i got the min max and median easily, but for the outliers, we need to figure out how many numbers fall less than 2 or 3 standard deviations from the mean and how many fall greater than 2 or 3 standard deviations away from the mean. so i created a method for this but when i run my program it never prints out the outliers, so i wanted to do some debugging to figure out why. Anyways heres the method:

double outliers(vector <double> v, double mean, double standDev)
{
double greater2 = 0;
double greater3 = 0;
double less2 = 0;
double less3 = 0;
for (unsigned i = 0; i < v.size(); ++i)
{
if ((v[i] < (mean + (3*standDev))) && v[i] > mean)
++greater3;
}

for (unsigned i = 0; i < v.size(); ++i)
{
if ((v[i] > (mean-(3*standDev))) && v[i] < mean)
++less3;
}
cout << "<= 3 dev below: " << less3;
return greater2;
}

i am calling the method in my main with the following:
calcFreq(v, oldRange, range);
I'm not sure what gray bar you're referring to, but F9 is the default key to set a breakpoint in VS.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.