Alphabet Swapping

Hello, I am new to this forum as well as to basically any form of programming. I have recently signed up for a programming class in my school. During the first lesson the teacher explains what we will be doing this year and then without even giving us a brief explanation of any basic commands tells us to write a program in C++ using CodeBlocks's Console Application that replaces any typed in letter with it's opposite in the alphabet (as in for example a is switched to z; b is replaced with y; etc), for the next class. I have no idea why does he think I must have some prior experience with C++ considering I signed up for a basic programming class but he seems to think so either way.

So I was hoping that someone could perhaps show me how a command/script like this would look. And it is not just a single letter that it's supposed to replace but all the letters in an entire word or sentence.
Last edited on
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
well first welcome. second we cant do homework for you. third try first by writing pseudo code. for example:

while(true)...
<face palm>
but you dont know how to write code at all do you? sorry my bad. i suggest read a tutorial to get the basics then come back
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.