Using Irrlicht.

Hi there everyone.

I am new to programming in C++ but I want to create an FPS game using the Irrlicht game engine.

I use Windows XP and have Irrlicht 1.8 and CodeBlocks 12 installed in my Program Files directory.

I used the Wizard to create an Irrlicht project and then debugged. However, the following messages were returned by the debugger:

C:\LacerateD\LacerateD\main.cpp||In function 'int main(int, char**)':|

C:\LacerateD\LacerateD\main.cpp|71|error: invalid initialization of reference of type 'const irr::core::dimension2d<unsigned int>&' from expression of type 'irr::core::dimension2d<int>'|

C:\Program Files\irrlicht-1.8\include\irrlicht.h|324|error: in passing argument 2 of 'irr::IrrlichtDevice* irr::createDevice(irr::video::E_DRIVER_TYPE, const irr::core::dimension2d<unsigned int>&, irr::u32, bool, bool, bool, irr::IEventReceiver*)'|

||=== Build finished: 2 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 3 seconds) ===|

I was unable to find any information on these/this problem. Could anyone give me advice on how to rectify these issues please?

Thank you.
Last edited on
The problem is this:
C:\LacerateD\LacerateD\main.cpp|71|error: invalid initialization of reference of type 'const irr::core::dimension2d<unsigned int>&' from expression of type 'irr::core::dimension2d<int>'|
Thank you coder777.

I'll find out how to rectify this before asking for further assistance.

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.